When you’re taking care of your little human, you often forget to take care of yourself, or sometimes you feel like you just don’t have enough time. Well, that’s not true. When you do finally catch a break, you find yourself running around to do laundry, wash bottles, do the dishes etc. If you delay your chores for just a few minutes, your world will not come crashing down! So, here are 7 things you can do in 15 minutes to take care of yourself:
- Go for a run or do some exerciseNot all of us like to run, but any exercise is a great way to take care of yourself! You could do some stretches, some sit-ups or jumping jacks. Yoga is a great way to ease painful muscles that most of us moms have! You don’t have to be a guru either, just Google some yoga poses and it’s as easy as that.
- Read a short storyReading is so good for you! It’s therapeutic, relaxing and good for the vocabulary. Whether you read a short story or a few pages of a good book, the end result will have you feeling more calm and happy.
- Listen to your favourite songsIt’s a known fact that music has a massive effect on your mood. Listen to your favourite songs to put you in a happy mood. If you end up dancing, well that’s even better, plus you get in some exercise!
- Have a candle-lit bathThis is my all-time favourite thing to do to relax. When you are in the bath, you are 100% by yourself and alone with your thoughts. (Try not to think about what you still need to do, or anything stressful!) When you get out, you will feel relaxed, warm, and happy.
- Take a napResearch shows that a 15-20 minute nap leaves you feeling way more energized when you wake up than a longer nap does. Who doesn’t love a good nap , right? And you really deserve the rest!
- Make a nice cup of teaOr coffee, if you prefer. Sitting peacefully and enjoying your favourite hot drink will leave you feeling warm on the inside and ready to take on whatever is next on your endless list of things to do.
- Apply a face maskThis may not be everybody’s thing, but taking care of your skin is really important and most moms don’t have enough time to do it. The cool thing about face masks is that it leaves you feeling refreshed, and you only have to do it once in a blue moon.