The Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) released its annual South African road fatality statistics for 2016 and according to them 1 120 more people died on the roads in 2016 than in 2015, making the 2016 annual road death toll the highest one since 2007.
Being involved in a car collision can be incredibly stressful.
According to Budget Insurance, the most important thing to do in an accident is to stay calm and stick to these steps:
- Stop your car, put on your hazards and make sure that everyone is all right. If someone needs medical help, call emergency services on 10111, 112 or 10177. If nobody is injured, move straight to step two.
- Take photos of all damage to the vehicles and/or property.
- If possible, move the vehicles out of the road if they’re obstructing traffic.
- Exchange the following information: full names, ID numbers and contact details, vehicle registrations and descriptions, location and time of the accident, and the road and weather conditions.
- If your car isn’t drivable, call your insurer to get an approved tow. Budget clients can call 0860 10 42 11.
- Report the accident to the police within 48 hours to get a case number. Do this before submitting a claim.
The next couple of weeks and months are probably going to be spent negotiating with your insurance company in the hope your claim is approved and paid out in full. The last thing you need on top of this is a damaged baby car seat which is unusable. And for you to be waiting to get paid out in order to replace it.
Most car seat manufacturers will advise that if you are in a car accident, that your baby car seat is no longer safe. And with car seats ranging anything from R1500 to R6000, it’s just another cost to consider.
This car seat manufacturer is helping parents by offering a free SWAP service for any parent involved in a car collision.
Max-Cosi in South Africa is offering their customers a SWAP service, whereby you will have your car seat replaced with a brand new one if you are involved in a collision. How awesome is that?
In the below, Maxi-Cosi posted on Facebook some of their customer’s cars that were involved in an accident. They all qualified for the SWAP service and all of them received a brand new car seat. All that is required is that you register your product online at the Maxi-Cosi website your details. And complete some paperwork as certain conditions apply.