Cutting your own nails takes a quite a bit of concentration. Cutting your babies fingernails is just about near impossible. The fear of cutting their little fingers makes this Mommy task so daunting. But never fear, technology is here to make our lives easier.
Out comes this little gadget.
The Buzz B Nail Trimmer, an electronic nail file for babies, gently files your babies nails. Comes with adjustable speed for cautious Mommies and various pad textures. This little device is great for wriggling babies.
Buzz B Nail Trimmer
Price: R799 at www.babygroup.co.za
Check out this video, how chilled does this baby look!
If you think spending almost R800 on nail clippers is a little excessive, here are a few tips to help you trim your babies nail with normal nail clippers.
- Cut fingernails along the curve of the finger.
- Cut toenails straight across
- Use an emery board to smooth out rough edges.
- Doctors recommend using only an emery board in the first few weeks of a new baby’s life because nails are very soft.
- Ask your partner or a friend to hold her and keep her from wiggling too much while you work.
- Have someone distract her so she’ll let you hold her hand still for the clipping and filing.
- Never bite your baby’s nails into shape, you may just introduce germs from your mouth into any little cut your baby may have on her finger.
- If you do nick a tiny fingertip, don’t be too hard on yourself—it happens to lots of parents. Simply rinse the cut under cool water. Then wrap a tissue around your baby’s finger and hold it with a little pressure. The bleeding usually stops in a couple of minutes.