It’s gross, it’s slimy, it’s weird and it’s what our children want to play with, so here is a safe way to make all sorts of coloured slime for, or with, your kids.
You will need:
- Toothpaste (gel-based)
- White school glue
- Decoration like food colouring or glitter
- Grab a paper plate and squeeze a big blob of toothpaste in the middle. Then squeeze a blob of glue right next to it. Don’t squeeze it on top of the toothpaste because you need to mix the glue in slowly.
- Start mixing the glue into the toothpaste with a plastic spoon. Mix it slowly and a little at a time. Make sure you mix it thoroughly.
- Continue mixing until the consistency becomes slimy.
- Start adding a little sugar to the mixture to make the slime more solid. Add more if necessary. Mix it thoroughly.
- Stop mixing when the slime is able to stick to your spoon without sliding off.
- Make your slime unique by adding your favourite colour food colouring and some glitter for sparkle. (Obviously optional). Mix until the food colouring and glitter are evenly dispersed.
- Your slime should be sticky and you just be able to pick it up and play with it.