Renewing your license disk is down right painful. Visiting a Post Office or licence renewal office is a daunting task, you have to set aside at least an hour if not more. And if you like most you’re not aware of the recent changes. Now you need a certified copy of your ID and proof of address. Not to mention you need to carry cash. I mean seriously who stills carries around that much cash these days?
The South African government systems are still very much in the stone age. Making customers queue for hours when technology is readily available (with the exception of the new system they recently launched to renew your passports online).
However we’re in luck thanks to this leading bank!
FNB in partnership with Wesbank have just shaken things up. Recently launched is a new tool within the FNB App allowing customers to renew online their license disks. If you’re not an FNB customer, you’re probably thinking perhaps it’s a good time to switch now? If Steve hasn’t really convinced you already.
It’s about time our hard earning banking fees are put to good use. Saving us not only hassle but time. Time that Busy Moms just do not have.
With the FNB app you are able to pay fines, get your licence disk renewed and delivered for a once off fee of R199. Now doesn’t that sound like the simplest way to renew you licence disk.
Be sure you do this BEFORE you disk expires. If you’re unfortunate enough that it has already expired, you will not be able to renew it using the App. You will then need to renew you licence disk the good old fashioned way.
If you’re an FNB customer, we’ll take you through the step-by-step process to renewing your licence disk.
How to Renew Licence Disk
Firstly you will need to update the App to the latest version. Visit the App store and update your FNB App.
Once logged in you need to go to Services > nav>>Car > Licence Renewal. From there you follow the steps.
There are a couple pointers to note;
- You need to ensure there are no unpaid traffic fines/licence fees registered in your name, confirm these have been renewed in good time.
- Any expired licence disks you will not be able to renew on the App.
- If you have other vehicles, trailers or caravans registered in your name, confirm these have been renewed in good time.
- Check that your roadworthy certificate was completed on purchase of your vehicle.
- Ensure that you select the province where your vehicle is registered.
- Make sure the expiry date is as it appears on your licence disc. If changed, you may encounter a problem during the process of renewal.
To update the App visit this link.
Now go on Moms, share this with your friends!